Since I was elected in 2016, I have continued to make sure my local communities and the wider north-east region are heard in the Scottish Parliament.
From broadband and broken bridges to education and small businesses, I have fought to ensure that the issues that matter most to those across Aberdeenshire West are heard.
Upon re-election, I will continue to stand up for Aberdeenshire West and my 5 priorities are below:
- Call for a Fair Share of funding for North East Councils so that jobs are supported and transport infrastructure projects are funded. This includes repairing the more than 60 bridges across Aberdeenshire that are at risk of closure by 2030.
- Restore standards in Scottish education by helping children back into full-time education and providing direct support to teachers to assist children with mental health, Additional Support Needs, Autism and more.
- Delivery universal full fibre broadband to every home and business by 2027 – prioritising the rollout in our rural communities to ensure that they are not left behind.
- Tackling climate change by supporting our oil & gas sector transition into renewables; increasing the number of energy efficient warmer homes; and encouraging carbon friendly farming.
- Support our tourism industry and promote the North East as a fantastic place to visit.